In 2009, Disney parks gave guests free admission on their birthday. For 2010, this offer has not been extended, but a new offer will gain you another free day of admission. The 2010 Give a Day, Get a Disney Day program allows you to spend a day volunteering, and in doing so, you qualify for a free day at one of the Disney parks.
We want to inspire one million people to volunteer a day of service to a participating organization in their communities. So we’re celebrating their good works by giving each of them one-day admission to a Theme Park at the Disneyland Resort or the Walt Disney World Resort, free. There’s no better time to make a dream come true for others and let us make a few come true for them.
How will this work for guests who purchase vacation packages with multi-day tickets? When you sign up for “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” and completes the volunteer activity, you can choose one of the following options instead of receiving the one-day admission to a Theme Park:
- Disney’s Special FASTPASS card for certain attractions for themselves and up to five additional members of their party
- A collectible Ear Hat figurine with exclusive trading pins
- Donate their ticket to a non-profit organization designated by Disney Parks
Throughout 2010, Disney Parks will continue to celebrate all of life’s milestones with special entertainment experiences, occasion celebrations and recognition moments. Check out the Celebration Advisor below for suggestions on how to customize your Client’s vacation.
Starting on January 1, 2010, you will be able to visit a special Disney site to find volunteer opportunities in your neighborhood. You will have to sign up, and complete the volunteer requirement before receiving your free admission.
Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.
A few items to think about:
- One ticket per person, regardless of the number or hours of volunteer service completed.
- The program begins January 1, 2010 and continues until tickets are distributed or December 15, 2010, whichever occurs first.
- Eligible volunteer opportunities are located in the United States, including Puerto Rico, or Canada only and you must have a residence in the United States, Puerto Rico or Canada to sign up.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to sign up, and you may sign-up up to a maximum of 8 additional members of your same household. Children must be at least 6 years of age to volunteer under this program and receive a theme park ticket. Children ages 6-17 must be accompanied by an adult when volunteering.
- The theme park tickets distributed under this Program will not be valid for use on the following dates:
- For Walt Disney World Resort: March 29 – April 8 and July 4, 2010
- For Disneyland Resort: February 13-14, March 21, June 21-22, July 4, November 21, and December 11-12, 2010.
More information on the program details can be found in the FAQ.