For more information on these 2012 Disney Cruise Itineraries, or to book a Disney Cruise, please contact our fantastic sponsor Mouseketrips.
Disney Cruise Line announced today their expanded itineraries for the 2012 cruising season. The Disney Dream was introduced in 2011, and her sister ship, the Disney Fantasy, will come onboard in March, 2012. With the doubling of the Disney Cruise fleet, this allows Disney to use the two older ships to sail to destinations never before accessible to the Disney Cruise Line. With the announcement today, Disney will be adding several new ports.
The Disney Dream will be sailing 3, 4 and 5-night Bahamian cruises out of Port Canaveral during all of 2012. With stops at Nassau, Castaway Cay and Key West, the Disney Dream will continue the tradition of excellent family friendly Bahamian cruises.
The Disney Fantasy will have her maiden voyage on March 30, 2012. She will sail alternating 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises out of Port Canaveral, stopping at Destinations such as St. Thomas, Cozumel and Castaway Cay among others.
The Disney Wonder, currently sailing on the West Coast to Mexico and Alaska, will continue that itinerary for 2012, with a few changes:
Mexican Riviera – 7 night cruises out of Los Angeles to Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. These cruises will sail during most of the Winter, Spring and Fall, 2012.
Pacific Coast – 7-night cruises from Los Angeles making stops in San Francisco, San Diego and Ensenada, Mexico. These cruises will sail only on September 16, September 23, September 20 and October 7, 2012.
Hawaii – For the first time ever, the Disney Cruise line will sail to Hawaii. This 15-night cruise will make stops in Hilo, Hawaii; Kahului, Maui; Honolulu, Oahu; Nawiliwili, Kauai and Ensenada, Mexico. This cruise sets sail on April 29, 2012 only, and looks to be extremely popular.
Alaska – A bit of change for 2012, as the 7-night Alaska Disney Cruises will sail out of Seattle, Washington, making stops in Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan, Alaska, along with a stop in Victoria, British Columbia. These Alaska Disney Cruises will set sail weekly starting on May 28, 2012. The last cruise of the summer will set sail August 27, 2012.
Repositioning Cruises – The Disney Wonder will have 2 repositioning cruises, a 7-night cruise on May 14, 2012 from Los Angeles to Vancouver and then a 6-night cruise on September 10, 2012 from Vancouver to Los Angeles. These cruises will feature stops in San Fransisco and Victoria, British Columbia (no Victoria on the September cruise).
And now for the big news! The Disney Magic will be making first time ever stops in New York City and Galveston, Texas! The first New York cruise is going to be May 25, 2012. Between the time the Disney Fantasy arrives at Port Canaveral and heading to New York, the Disney Magic will sail 4, 5 and 7-night cruises out of Port Canaveral.
New York City
The Disney Magic will sail 20 cruises out of New York city during 2012, including 8-night cruises to the Bahamas, 5-night cruises to to Canada and a few special 2 night cruises to nowhere.
- The eight 8-night Bahamas cruises (May 25, June 2, June 22, June 30, July 20, July 28, August 17 and August 25, 2012) will include a day at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay; Nassau, Bahamas; and an overnight stop at Port Canaveral, Florida, giving guests an opportunity to visit the nearby Walt Disney World Resort. As part of this itinerary, each guest will receive a one -day Walt Disney World Park Hopper ticket and round-trip transportation between their Disney ship and the resort.
- The nine five-night cruises up the New England coast (June 10, June 17, July 8, July 15, August 5, August 12, September 2, September 7 and September 12, 2012) will call at Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Saint John, New Brunswick. In these popular Canadian ports, guests can soak in splendid natural vistas, explore historic sites, visit quaint cafes and charming shops, and browse Canadas oldest farmers market. Expect the September cruises to extra popular.
- Three two-night cruises (June 15, July 13 and August 10, 2012) out of New York are perfect for families looking for a quick getaway with a day at sea over a weekend. These cruises will not stop at any ports.
Beginning on September 22, 2012, the Disney Magic will sail 12 consecutive 7-night Western Caribbean cruises, with stops including Grand Cayman and Mexico’s Costa Maya and Cozumel. These special 7 night cruises will feature 3 full days at sea and 3 days in tropical ports. The Galveston cruises will sail September 22, September 29, October 6, October 13, October 20, October 27, November 3, November 10, November 17, November 24, December 1 and December 8, 2012.
With the Magic making cruises from three ports in 2012, there are several repositioning cruises that will be made available:
- Port Canaveral, Florida to New York, New York – Sailing May 20, 2012, this 5 night cruise will make stops at Castaway Cay on it’s way up the East Coast.
- New York, New York to Galveston, Texas – Sailing September 17, this 5-night cruise will stop at Port Canaveral and Castaway Cay.
These two repositioning cruises will be confirmed shortly.
The Disney Magic will be sailing three Holiday cruises from Galveston, Texas. A 6-night Western Caribbean cruise on December 15 and December 29, 2012 with stop at Grand Cayman and Cozumel along with an 8-night Western Caribbean cruise on December 21, 2012 with stops at Key West, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Galveston.
As you can imagine, with all the new itineraries and ports, these 2012 Disney Cruises will be more popular than ever. To insure you get the best price possible, book as early as you can. Bookings for these cruises will open up April 8, 2011. For Platinum and Gold Castaway Club members, bookings will be available on April 7, 2011.
Disney Cruise has made a flyer available with all 2012 dates, itineraries and destinations listed. Please note, it is huge. Download here at your own peril: